Aerial yoga is a unique technique which uses a low-hanging fabric / hammock to support the weight of the body.
With the weight of the body supported, you will learn how to achieve proper postural alignment through relaxation rather than effort, which will also enhance a relaxed and peaceful state of mind.
6.30pm – 7.45pm Aerial Yoga (Seasonal Yoga Academy) – All levels
12.00pm – 1.15pm Aerial Yoga (Seasonal Yoga Academy) – Experienced
1.30pm – 2.30pm Aerial Yoga (Seasonal Yoga Academy) – Beginners
Preparing for Class
What should I wear?
- Yoga type clothing.
- Short or long sleeve top (no vests) – this protects the armpits from any friction caused by the fabric.
- Clothing should be snug, but and allow for movement of the body.
- Bare feet, or yoga socks can be worn.
What should I not wear?
- Tank tops / vests.
- Clothing with zips, buttons, dangling straps (anything which may catch in the hammock).
- Jewellery (this includes earring, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watches). All jewellery must be removed.
Anything else to be aware of?
- Drink plenty of water before the class to ensure that you are hydrated.
- It is recommended that you do not eat up to 2 hours before the class.
- You can bring your own yoga mat if you prefer, however there are also mats available at the studio.
Would you like a hammock of you own?
Firetoys is fantastic supplier all of things Aerial – I have one of their super safe and sturdy Aerial Yoga hammocks and can highly recommend them if you would like to buy one for yourself or a bunch for your studio. Grab a 10% discount by using the exclusive code ’cloud9yoga’.
Training to Teach Aerial Yoga
Are you a qualified Yoga teacher looking to add to your skills? Why not join us for Aerial Yoga Teacher Training?
We are delighted to offer training for existing Yoga teachers in Aerial Yoga. This is a wonderful addition to your teaching repertoire.
For more info contact us in the field opposite.